Dear CRCA Residents,
This past Wednesday your Board of Directors met virtually to discuss more pandemic planning.
The boat launch at Tilley Memorial Park in Canal Flats is now open but their docks have not been installed.
Some CRCA moors have now been installed, primarily those at the north end of Columbia Ridge foreshore:
- Prior to requesting moorage submit your $50.00 annual user fee to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Familiarize yourself with all rules, procedures, and safety policies for moorage privileges that were provided to each resident in prior years (or for new users, they will be provided with your first booking request).
- The community owned canoes, paddle boat, and kayak are not available for use so residents must swim to and from the moors or bring their own watercraft.
- Moor users are reminded that moors are also a possible touch point for virus transmission so you will need to provide your own sanitizer/gloves, etc to use before and after handling a moor.
Dock and Other Projects:
The Board is planning to install a temporary dock using only a portion of the regular dock configuration in such a way that the work can be accomplished by 2 or 3 people while maintaining physical distancing.
- The temporary dock install may not be done prior to this weekend.
- The access to the temporary dock will not utilize the aluminum gangway and may incorporate some of the old floating rafts. This will by no means be an ideal solution but is all that can be done at this time. Hopefully we will be able to add to the temporary dock later in the summer if conditions permit larger work parties. Please exercise an abundance of caution when accessing the dock and do not allow children to play on or near the temporary dock or its access points.
Swim Area and Beach Deck:
Similar to our comments in the last update about deck usage, residents will need to collaborate and be patient to maintain social distancing on the limited deck space. Deck chairs have been locked together so residents will have to bring their own lawn chairs to the beach
- The ropes for the swim area will be installed in the next couple of weeks to clearly mark the swim area for safety purposes. The swimming platforms will not be installed at this time.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are still being sourced. In the meantime a spray bottle containing alcohol will be attached to the beach access gate.
We will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
CRCA Board of DirectorsPosted: Fri May 15th 2020 12:00pm 4 months ago